(ALL TIMES ARE EASTERN TIME)
Monday, September 21, 2020
10:00 a.m. – 10:20 a.m. - Virtual Yoga
Start your day off in the right frame of mind. Our seasoned yoga instructor will lead attendees in relaxation techniques that you can do from the comfort of your chair. Let go of the stresses that weigh you down as we kick off this amazing virtual experience.
11:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. - First-Timers/New Member Orientation
Meet the AACFB staff and Board and find out how to get the most out of your conference experience and AACFB membership.
12:00 p.m. – 12:45 p.m. - Brokering Essentials - Make Sure You Know "The Right Stuff"
Presented by: Charles (Bud) Callahan, Jr., CLFP, BPB, National Equipment Leasing, Inc.
Does your company have a solid foundation on which to build a business that will survive the test of time and will allow you to concentrate on adding the next success to your portfolio? This class will cover the essentials for building a brokerage that will last! Join us in discussing topics such as:
- The leasing basics: types of leases, credit structures, terminology
- The broker's role: what we bring to the market
- Working with funding sources: the do's and don'ts
- Finding business that your underwriters will want to fund
- Ethical standards for brokers: fiduciary responsibility, it’s not just a word
- Protecting your partners: funders, clients, vendors
- Tools of the trade: contact management, pricing, negotiations, structuring
- Finding business and keeping it
- Leases vs. finance agreements: which are better?
- ABC's of a cold call
- What is the rate?
- Understanding financial statements and how underwriters interpret them
- Understanding and reading tax returns, Personal, LLC, Sub S corporations , C corporations and Not For Profit
- Understanding Personal Financial Statement
- Identifying bogus information in financial statement
1:00 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. - Lender Perspectives on the New Normal
A lot has changed and shifted in the finance industry this year and everyone is trying to adjust to the new normal. Hear from a panel of lenders how they have been navigating this rapidly changing environment and what this means for brokers going forward.
2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. - Exhibit Hall Open
Explore the virtual trade show and connect with dozens of commercial funding sources and service providers.
4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. - Speed Dating
This getting-to-know-you event will feature AACFB Gold and Silver sponsors who will each have three minutes to introduce their company and what they have to offer. These speedy introductions will help attendees better plan their exhibit time so they can make connections with companies that align with their companies' needs.
5:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. Opening Reception
Join us for a comedy break to wrap up Day 1 of our virtual conference. Comedian Marty Simpson will add a little comedic relief to your afternoon, and let's face it, we all need that these days!
Marty has opened for acts such as Dennis Miller, Tim Hawkins, Pauly Shore and Last Comic Standing Winners, Jon Reep and John Heffron. He has performed at comedy clubs across North America, delighting audiences with his self-deprecating humor and tales of his experiences as a husband, father, and former high school coach and teacher.